Monday 9 January 2017

Multiplex Rehearsal #3 N2C

26 October 2016

As the character with the most lines in the play, Dillion, I've been thinking a lot lately about how I'm going to throughly learn said lines.

My game plan is this:
-whatever we go over in rehearsal, I will learn the lines for that bit of the play for the next rehearsal
-also, I'll ask Emin, my director, what to learn for the next week and if he says to learn anything extra...I will.
-If I'm not in the scenes we're rehearsing that week, then I'll go over the lines as much as possible at the side of the stage

This week, for example, we reheared a scene that I wasn't in -except for a bit at the very end. So I paced back and forth at the side of the stage (because I do better when I move and learn them) and later, Harriet and I went out into the hallway and went over the lines further.

Hopefully, these will be effective methods of learning my lines well, and in time! I'm also thinking that I'll start recording my lines on my phone so that I can listen to them whilst I do my art homework or walk to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment