Monday 9 January 2017

Multiplex Rehearsal #8 N2C

30 November 2016

Today, we went over scene 14 again to refresh it in our minds. I made sure that I'd learnt the lines in scene 14 by today and I've been religiously learning my lines for scene 18 as well, because we started and finished blocking it today. Scene 18 is the "quiz scene" where Mouse and King battle it out to see who the better usher is. Scene 18 is a very taxing scene because I've basically got every other line in the entirety of the scene, and since I like to know the few lines before mine, if there are any ( I need to know those cue lines as well), in reality, I've got to memorise all of the lines in the scene. 


Here's the notes I made during today's rehearsal:


Although this is probably the hardest set of lines I've ever had to learn, it should really be a fun scene in the end. Emin has told us to make it really upbeat and lively, because it's basically a film war to see who's the most into films. It's the climax of the Multiplex story, so it should be intriguing for the audience to look at and kind of chaotic at first...then slowly die down as King starts losing.

When I got home tonight, I also did a quick revision of the running order of the play because that's what I'm really struggling to remember right now. Here's the revision notes I made:





No comments:

Post a Comment