Monday 9 January 2017

Multiplex Rehearsal #5 N2C

9 November 2016
Today we went back over what we'd learnt last week (scenes 6 -8) for the first hour of N2C to try and get it down really well. The characters Spike and Elton both have some pretty long monologues in the middle of these scenes and I have to remember to say a short line that I have in between the two monologues.One problem I have with this is not the line itself, I can remember that...it's the getting up from the side of the stage and sitting back down. This is because the chairs are so close together on the side and facing the wall. I'll just need to express my concerns to Emin (director) I'm thinking. Not really sure how we could change this, but it's not my job in the long run.

For the second half of N2C, we did scene 10, which I only have one line in -at the very begginning; this line continues on from the line in scene 9 and is the transition now...it wasn't last week... I then sit down on the side for the rest of the scene, so I just went over my lines for the rest of the time.
Here's the notes I made on my script for today:


Also, the other day, I had some time and I wanted to figure out a little bit more about who Dillion, my character, was, so I decided to watch what she said her favourite film was which is "Metropolise, Fritz Lang..." I actually thought that this was quite a good film and had some meaningful elements of cinematography which I really enjoyed but it seems likea aquired taste. As Dillion says, it's "black and white and silent and shit hot" and it seemed to me that it'd be quite a pretentious film to have as your favourite film of all time. Based on this assumption, I think that perhaps my character was only saying that she liked this film because if she didn't like such a film, her peers would look down on her.

I feel like I can make a connection to my character in the same way because, being a film student myself, I've said that I like films or don't like films just because other people have given me their opinion and I want them to like me. As I've watched more films and developed my own opinons, I've gotten better at arguing and proving my points about certain films. What I'm saying is that I don't think Dillion has quite reached this point in her life yet, so she feels like she has to comply still to the heirarchy of the Multiplex with everyone else. It's not until Mouse comes along and messes with the system that Dillion starts to change.


No comments:

Post a Comment